Early Book Review: Survive the Night (Rocky Mountain K-9) by Katie Ruggle

Survive the Night is the third book in the Rocky Mountain K-9 series by Katie Ruggle. It is currently scheduled for release on February 6 2018. I highly recommend reading the series in order, not just because of the larger story arc and character building that has been done thus far, but because it is an entertaining read.

He's always been a haven:  For the lost. The sick. The injured.  But when a hunted woman takes shelter in his arms, this gentle giant swears he'll do more than heal her battered spirit—he'll defend her with his life. K9 Officer Otto Gunnersen always had a soft spot for anyone in need. As Monroe's very own Dr. Doolittle, he dedicates himself to rehabilitating the injured souls that cross his path—but for all his big heart, he's never been in love.  Until he meets Sarah Clifton's haunted eyes. Until he realizes he'll do anything to save her. All Sarah wants is to escape a life caught between ambitious crime families, but there's no outrunning her past. Her power-mad brother would hunt her to the ends of the earth, but he'd never expect Sarah to fight back. With Otto and the whole of Monroe, Colorado by her side, Sarah's finally ready to face whatever comes her way.  It's time to take a stand.

Survive the Night is all I was hoping for, and a little more. I love Otto's character. He is the big, silent type- but only because he is a big ole softy and trying to hide it. Sarah (Alice) has been controlled and abused all her life, and is more than a little scared of just about everything. Otto's social goofs and Sarah's joy in the little things really sold me on both the characters. They are just both so earnest and sweet that I could not help but love them both. I think they are my favorite couple from the series. I loved the duo of skittish hearts, and think they are the perfect pairing. The danger and survival aspects of the story are intense, and beyond my expectations.

Survive the Night is a wonderful addition to the series. My only issue is that it left me looking for more and I am a little too eager to see how it all plays out, and who the next pairing might be since all of our K-9 officers and ladies are paired up. 

No comments: